Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Why I am a Republican by Hector Casanova

WHY I AM A REPUBLICAN:

The security of our nation is of utmost importance. We must win the war on terrorism at home and anywhere they [those who mean us harm] train and hide. Our Armed Forces must remain well funded, well equipped, and at the proper strength.

Our homeland must be secured, to include our borders, our water supply, power plants, airspace, and harbors. Immigration needs to continue in an orderly and secured fashion.
I fully support the implementation of a National ID Card.

I am 100% PRO-Life. I do not support any abortion options and support an amendment to make abortion illegal in our country. Likewise, I do not believe in stem cell research.

I believe that strong family values and ties are the foundation of productive and law abiding citizens.

I am also a supporter of the line-item veto and of the establishment of term limits for ALL of our elected officials. A 2-term limit will do away with professional politicians and reduce the influence of lobbyists.

I believe marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Period!

Taxes must be fair, equal, and easy to understand. Everyone should be able to read and comprehend the tax codes. Tax funds should belong to the American people and should not be wasted. Pork equals corruption.

While I support the separation of Church and State, I am a devoted and practicing Christian.

I support ALL of our Constitution. I believe our forefathers placed the second amendment on our Bill of Rights in case politicians tried to ignore our other rights.

While I believe that it is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual, it is a curse for any society to be bilingual. Likewise, I oppose dual citizenships as it promotes divided loyalties.

The only “ism” that I can embrace is Capitalism. The government does not need to regulate and control our lives and economy. The free enterprise system and open competition is our best regulator. The American Dream is within reach to every one of our citizens and America is still the land of opportunity.

Despite the false labeling, innuendo, outright fabrications and lies, the Republican Party is the party of the optimist, the self-starter, and of men and women who believe America’s best days are still ahead….not behind!